Returns and Exchanges
Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, if you buy any products from us online, you have a ‘cooling-off’ period of 14 days from the day after receipt, during which time you can return the product to us and receive a full refund. This includes the original delivery charge (up to the cost of the basic delivery charge) but not the cost of returning the product. This does not apply to any goods which are personalised or made to your specification or any swimwear, underwear, earrings or cosmetics. The refund of any delivery charges for the original product will be capped at our standard postage price. In addition to the cooling off period, we are happy to accept change of mind returns subject to the conditions outlined in the Change of Mind segment below.
If the products you have purchased from us are faulty, wrongly described or different from a sample shown, then we will meet our legal obligations in the country in which the products were purchased.
Change of Mind Returns
If you change your mind about the products you have purchased from us online or in-store, we will refund the purchase price, or exchange those products in-store in the country in which they were purchased, subject to the following conditions:
- Products purchased from any Cotton On Group retail or online store can be returned at any time by the customer with proof of purchase;
- The returned items must not be swimwear, underwear, earrings, cosmetics, charity items, seconds, samples customised/personalised items or gift cards;
- All items will be returned to the original forms of payment, otherwise an exchange or store credit will be issued;
- Items must be in original sale condition (unworn, unwashed, or otherwise unused with original tags/labels attached);
- You may be asked to provide personal details for returns or exchanges. These details will be used for the purpose of processing the return; and
- Items purchased online can be returned in store with proof of purchase. In the case of online purchases, refunds will not include the cost of shipping, except as provided below.
Shipping costs may be refunded on faulty items only if the entire order is being returned and the customer provides proof of the shipping amount.
Returns Process (In-Store)
- Drop into your nearest Typo store. You can search our stores online via our Store Finder
- Provide the team member in store your unwanted item, proof of purchase (your receipt, the packing slip in your order or the tax invoice we emailed you) and if you paid using a credit card please bring the same card with you.
- Once the returns policy has been met, we'll offer an exchange or refund on the spot.
Exchanges for the same item in a different size will not incur any additional charges. If the new item is a different product (including a different colour) and there is a price difference you may need to pay the difference or receive a partial refund.
If you request a refund, the purchase price (excluding delivery charges for online orders) will be refunded to you using the original payment method so if you paid cash we can offer a cash refund. If you paid using a card, please bring the same card with you as we will refund back onto your card.
Returns Process (Online)
Items purchased at www.typo.com/uk can be returned via post subject to our Return Policy. In store purchases must be returned in store. To return an item for a refund, check that your return meets our policy then follow these steps:
- Complete the returns form.
- Pack the item(s) for return. Don't forget to include the return form, with all the fields completed.
- Once received, we'll process the refund and notify you via email. Your refund will be credited back to you in the next 1-5 days, depending on the payment method used to place your order.
If the item returned does not meet our Returns and Exchange Policy above your order will be sent back to you.